Monday, November 03, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 645......Eve of the Election

HappyUP!!! - a chance
Why it happened - America is waking up
Why it makes me happy - while I do fear that we will be living under the Pelossi rule for the next four years, I am buoyed by the tightening of the polls today. Tomorrow's outcome in the Presidential election is not a given. While I think the McCain campaign has run out of time, people are at least becoming aware of just how risky the alternative pick would be.

HappyUP!!! - lunch
Why it happened - my friend JP gave me a call
Why it makes me happy - I'm not sure when the last time was that I saw J. It was fantastic getting together and catching up on what life has brought each other way as of late. J is heading into some challenging but exciting times......which brings me a HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - heating and air guy
Why it happened - I scheduled the appointment
Why it makes me happy - he showed up.......he called and was running way ahead of schedule....he found something in my system which was NOT something I would have seen so the call was worth it...and, while he was here, I had him install a new thermostat that I could actually figure out and program myself! I have heat ...just in time for the cooler temps coming around the bend. That is a whole bunch of reasons to be happy.

HappyUP!!! - call from my friend
Why it happened - D called from a coffeehouse
Why it makes me happy - I got to find out some cool things that D is working on...which includes taking a reading and writing course that D will benefit from. D and I agreed to get together soon....getting together.... always a HappyUP!!!

No comments: