Wednesday, May 23, 2018

HappyUP!!! Day 4320

WOW!!! - I could go on and on about today. It was another SuperHappyUP!!! Day.  I will keep things in check below!

HappyUP!!! - Katrina and the Waves
Why it happened -Spotify
Why it makes me happy - I started upon doing tasks today. This old silly tune popped up....and...it just made me start "dancing through my tasks."  Yeah...I know...people use music for motivation. I have done so in the past as well.  I have drifted away in recent times....not a good idea! This was an excellent thing to be reminded of.  Silence is sometimes needed for projects.  It takes a degree of awareness to recognize the appropriate balance for noise versus silence

HappyUP!!! - cash on hand
Why it happened -it is a system
Why it makes me happy -long ago, upon leaving my moneyclip at home, I found the value of keeping a small sum of money in my vehicle for these ...uhhhh.....emergencies.  OK....idiot emergencies! Yep...it happened today.....drove about 12 minutes to the grocery store...realized what I had forgot.  I amended my shopping list to the essentials that I NEEDED.  I saved myself almost a 1/2 hour of turning around and going back home! (Yeah...I know...."install ApplePay..."...I get it. I don't like it...but I get it.  And....not everywhere takes ApplePay so this is still a good idea).

HappyUP!!! - Shotmaking
Why it happened - work and mental space
Why it makes me happy - hit 13 greens today....including  3 full shots that were basically gimmies. Drove the ball well.  The score? Not important at the moment.  All will come together. I am just overjoyed at how much the difference between a bad shot and a great shot have diminished over the last month and a half.

HappyUP!!! -tournament entry
Why it happened -got the final nudge
Why it makes me happy- lots of reasons NOT to play in this tournament. The Ol Ben Franklin list came out to make the decision to opt out. On paper, things can be pretty simple. However, paper does not convey how much weight some of the options have. In other words, one positive "for" the decision could have as much weight as four of the negative "nays" against the decision.  I was reached out to and got the one that outweighed the others......quality time with a dear friend doing something we both love to do.

JollyJottings

-A devious (fun) plan for an upcoming celebration
-The weekend forecast....it looks awesome!
-US Open Hat arrived
-Wedge to gimme 3...Huge drive to almost the 200 plate on 4....great 6 iron into the wind on 7....studly 4 iron on 8....nice bunker shot 9.....drive/hybrid/wedge to gimmie on 10....6 iron into 11....7 iron into 12 (to a back pin...smoked that dog).....drive/9 iron into wind 13...nice shots on 14...wedges from the trees to the green on 15/16.....DARN NEAR ACE with an 8 iron on 17......smoked 6 iron into the wind on 18
-a monetary victory
-quick stop by from a buddy

No comments: