Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ro-Tow-Till-Me!!!....Baby!!!




OK...so I can't rent a ro-tow-till-her
- because I can't keep it on the trailer (see Previous post "watch for falling rototillers"). Does that mean that Mother Earth wins?
Oh no, she may have been up on me for a bit but the game ain't over...

Especially when McGyver is around
- as I managed to "fix" my own rototiller. Well, actually, it was my Dad's rototiller but he left it behind when he moved and I nabbed it. Then, I tricked that wretched machine into starting...

Because, it wouldn't start a few weeks back - as it sputtered, coughed, and blew some noxious butt fumes into my face, I was thinking..."no tillin for this kid today."

And then she fired up - and I was headed for trouble. You see, I have NEVER tilled before. Other than one small piece of the yard that was a garden, this was all old lawn. While the soil was good and moist, it was virgin dirt. I had to do a little sod bustin. And then, our good Mother Nature threw a few nasties at me...

ROOTS!!! - she knocked me back twice and actually took my little machine (well as little as a 5 horse Briggs and Stratton on a small frame machine can be called) down twice. Well, not really down, but the engine was stalled. But Mother isn't going to win when the Nutster can resort to....





Row-Tow-Till-Her's good friend....MR AXE!
- "come here, Mr Root! You think you are a tough guy. Well, let's see what Mr AXE has to say about that!".....BAM!!! BAM!!!...and yet another irritation in my life removed!!!

Added to the ol skill set today
- I am now a Rototiller....wait...stop...if I use a rototiller, does that make me a rototiller? I think it does though I look nothing like the machine itself. Is there one word for someone that operates a rototiller?

Now...off to my next adventure! - I can start planning the garden...or I can go get some topsoil/fertilizer...or make a trip to the dump. Hey, I can't lose either way. Fun times await!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A rototillerer.

Looks like you did a good job.

-n