Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Book of Judas

....or "here we go again."

I received an e-mail on Friday from a colleague asking, "what is this big deal about Judas?" At that point, I didn't know that Judas Iscariot had resurfaced recently. I only knew him as the disciple in the Bible that sold Jesus out for a few pieces of silver. He then paid horribly for it. My reply to my friend was, "I don't know. I'm OK with Judas. Someone had to do it or the Story doesn't play out."

I was at Border's yesterday and saw two books dedicated to "The Book of Judas." I wondered, "is this going to be this year's DaVinci Code?" I took a quick perusal. My quick, totally uninterested summary is that Jesus may have had a conversation with Judas, told him what he had to do, and you know the rest of the story. So, I suppose that there will be accusers saying that this makes Jesus less honest...oh brother! How would it accomplish that?

WHO CARES!

If Judas really did sell Jesus out, we shouldn't do things like that.

If Jesus did have the conversation, Judas is an example of someone that gave everything for Christ.

Pick one....better yet, pick them both. Don't sell people out and give it all for Christ.

Admittedly, my summary here is raw and uninformed. I have a feeling that I'm probably not far off. I did see that the Book of Judas may have been supressed in the year 180 by some religous leader. What? A religous leader bending something to make religion fit the model they think is right? Shocking....news at 11.

No comments: