Saturday, April 15, 2006

A Great Day

As my day got off to such a wonderful start, I thought that I would capture for all of you what a great day looks like in my world.

Nothing planned - this is the real key for a great day for me. A blank canvas in front of me

6 a.m. The Gym
- yes, it may seem brutal to some of you for a day off. When you are used to going at 5 in the morning the rest of the week, this is a blessing. I go at the excercycle for 40 minutes on level 12 (out of 20). Considering I have been to the gym about 8-9 days in a row, that's working it pretty hard. While I am there, I finish The L Factor, a book I have been working on.

7:15 The Gas Station and a Coffee
- I'm sweaty and the truck is running low. No one is at the gas station. What a perfect time to fill up? While I am there, I spend a $1.09 and get a half English Toffee, half Double Mocha. Sorry, Starbucks, I don't have $4 bucks for you at the moment.

7:30 am Back home and do some messing around
- a little picking up, a few pleasure e-mails, a bit of reading

8 am I head out back to start doing a little lawn to garden conversion
- Just cutting through the grass and turning dirt. Yes, I encounter a few roots from a tree that came down many years ago. I just had the stump removed to make room for more garden. No goal...just turn some dirt until I'm tired. I probably overdo it...but a lot of progress made. It's overcast so the weather is perfect for dirt turnin.

9 am - Come on in and catch up on the blog

9:15 - a nice long hot shower
....ahhh....when you have worked the muscles and the weather and the home are a little cool, nothing beats a warm shower. I'll be a bit stiff tomorrow...but we'll worry about that then!!!

10:15 Pick up those golf clubs
- I just had the tubes regripped! While I may not be at the links soon, I'll be ready to go. I thought about buying new sticks this year but....why? I need to hit the ones that I have a bit better first. And start playing. This is going to be just like new clubs with fresh grips on them!!!

10:25 Dry Cleaner - my dry cleaner deserves a blog of their own....and they'll get one. I love my dry cleaner

10:30 Hardware Store - Roseville Hardware is awesome. When you want to get in and out or need some real help, this is the place. Today, it's just a can of spray paint.

11:00 Spray Paint Trash Can
- I love taking something old and making it new again. It gives me joy. Sure, I save some dough....but now it's just like I made the trash can. At least that's how I see it.

11:15 Logo Work - I find the tools that I need to touch up my logo a bit. I am really liking the look of it.

11:30 Found Lost Calculator
- I LOOOOOVE finding lost stuff so much that it's almost worth the pain of not having it for awhile. In my line of work, the calculator is paramount. I had been using one that my ex-CAT had chewed up and scratched. While I don't rely totally on presentation or hold that much stock in it, it was a bit below standard to carry this mangled assemblage of keys and a screen around. Now...if only the IPOD Nano shows up!!!! Could it be next. I wrote that baby off but I just can't let go. I think it is in this house.

11:40 Unboxing boxes and House Stuff
- OK! This is not my favorite stuff to do but I have been living in my remodel....did I say remodel? I mean refugee camp. Anyway, while the remodel isn't done, I can at least start to restore a bit of order in the meantime. I am making great strides today.

4:00 Off to Grocery to Get Dinner - how about some salmon on the grill smothered in butter, olive oil, onions, garlic, and "the secret herb"? Throw a salad and some asparagus on the side...we're talking a good day had by all!!!

6:00 Eat said dinner!

9:15 Finish up the running blog for the day
- notice that I missed the Sac Kings on TV......but found out they won!!! One more win and they are in the playoffs. Sure, unless they go unconscious, they'll get bounced in round 1. Maybe they could get to round 2. Still, before Ron Artest got here, the season was going to be over 2 games from now. They're at home both nights against sub-par teams....you think they HAVE to win one.....don't they? You never know which Sac Kings will show up on any night.

A good day.....a simple day.....for a simple guy.

No comments: