Thursday, April 06, 2006

Happy UP! part 3

Three more good things today....as we keep our experiment going

Went to the gym and asked, "what do I like about this gym?" - and I was thrilled to realize that I asked the question. At 5 a.m. in the morning, I am barely coherent....let alone in such a mindset to ask what it was about the "house of torture" that actually makes me feel good about going there. My gym is clean. They play music I like in the mornings. I can read while on the exercycle and elliptical machine. The gym has been my partner in losing 12 pounds over the last 5 months.....goodness knows my appetite and consumption haven't pitched in and assisted the program. Hey, I think this was a two-fer....starting my day (though it still seemed like night) with looking for the good in a place I wouldn't have searched before.........and then finding it!

Picked up an old guitar - that I hadn't played in a long time. Ok, "play" is a loose term to describe what I do. I do own a few guitars and I have one that had been put away for a long time. I have been remodeling so I had to put a few toys away. I just happened to go into a room it was stashed in and had a few minutes to kill. I hadn't touched this guitar in so long that it was like it was a new instrument to me. The tone and the feel.....ahhhh

The Sun - yes, there are times when this definitely counts as thing to feel good about! This was no stretch in trying to get three good things in today. The sun beat out 2 other solid contenders. The reason that it felt so good is that we have been having so much unseasonable rain. People are getting grumpy.....grump...grump...grump. If I WANTED TO FEEL GRUMPY (it is a choice), I could join right in. I haven't. I hailed to the hallowed heater of the heavens on this day!!! I even made the comment to someone,

"hey, who says the weather is bad? Have you looked outside today?"

"Yeah....but it's gonna rain tomorrow," said gloomberg

There was a time when I would have tried to "fix" this person. Now, I realize that I can only fix myself. I'm always here to help a brother out....but I can't do the work.

Hey, this experiment...taken to the next level with the accountability to put it out to the multitudes that visit this site everyday....is becoming quite interesting!

No comments: