Thursday, April 27, 2006

Name Tag Guy

I wear a nametag - yes, I admit it. No one makes me do it. It's got my work logo and my name on it. "Scott, you're the boss. Why are you wearing that?"

Wouldn't that be a good reason to wear it?
- is usually my reply. After watching them turnaround with that quizzacal look on their face (yet again), I usually stop and bail them out with another reason....

"It makes it easier for people to talk to me that don't know me"
- now, you all know me as a fun loving sort. You can't always tell that by looking at me. I get caught in relatively deep shallow thought (yes...I meant "deep shallow"....stop and think about it for a second) frequently. Especially when I am out and about on my own. People can think that I am pretty serious when I'm really just thinkin. The nametag helps.

People that don't know me - call me by name. While scary to some, I rather enjoy it.

The company logo - also makes me approachable for business. The company definitely endorses that move.

Well, check this guy out
- I hate it when someone beats me to a great idea. Here is a guy who has figured out how to make a living.......all off of wearing a nametag!

Hello My Name is Scott

America! What a country!
- plus, the guy has a cool first name!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scotty-
Why stop at a name tag. Why not really commit and get a "tat" that says "Big Shot Scott" across your bicept??

NuttersNotes said...

G-boy,

That is a good idea. The problem is that my biceps aren't that big. I'd only have room for BS Scott....that's a whole different message!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL.

Now that's was a cool idea.

And I totally get your reasoning.

-n

Anonymous said...

I like that - "deep shallow". I get that a lot myself, and didn't know how to describe it. Thanks for that!