Saturday, June 23, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 148

HappyUP!!! - GettinUP!!!....at 4 a.m.
Why it happened - for fun? To be a HappyUP!!!, you would think that would be the case, huh?
Why it made me happy - my sis in law missed a flight yesterday. She rebooked for 6 a.m. today. She does so much for my bro and my dad, I will never say "no,' but it goes beyond that. It really helped her out to get a ride to the airport. The happiest HappyUP!!!'s usually involve doing something for someone....even if it is just lending an ear.

HappyUP!!!- Marigolds
Why it happened - I went to Home Depot for something else
Why it made me happy - ....then I said, "throw some flowers in that flower bed out front." Rather than analyze an entire relandscaping project, I just bought some yellow and orange marigolds, drove home, and immediately planted the dozen. It probably took me a grand total of 30 minutes to plant the 12. I have a feeling they are going to supply me with a lot of HappyUP!!!'s (or at least JollyJottings) as I drive up to my house in the days to come.

HappyUP!!! - breakfast with my nephew
Why it happened - he got off the graveyard and stopped by my bro/sis in law's house as I was there caring for Dad.
Why it made me happy - in many ways, I was an absentee uncle. There were reasons...none of them particularly good ones. No bad blood or family squabbles. Everyone gets busy. Plus, we aren't the touchiest, feeliest of families. This nephew has battled through so many health problems, however, that I have always considered him a bit of my own hero. He is about 23 now. I am not sure if we have ever gone out for breakfast alone. We had a nice chat.

No comments: