Sunday, June 03, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 127


HappyUP!!! - new plantings
Why it happened - I needed a new garden hose. While at the store, I said, "what the heck...it's not too late in the season"
Why it makes me happy - I am going to get some watermelon around Labor Day! Plus, I had more space in the garden that really needed some vegetables. It will also give me a chance to do some testing with a different method of planting. Always learning.

HappyUP!!! - New "Pirates" movie
Why it happened - it had been awhile since I had been to the theater
Why it makes me happy - Captain Jack Sparrow and his antics are usually more of a crack up. This movie didn't have that but it had some other aspects that were excellent. I think there was a bit more cannonballs firing than were necessary but, hey, if you got the special effects I guess you need to flaunt them.

HappyUP!!! - a new garden hose
Why it happened - I acted on an ingenious thought
Why it makes me happy - just buying a garden hose that was 75' rather than my 50 footer is going to save me a ton of watering work this summer. I tested out the idea when I got home. It works. I live in an older home that doesn't have an automatic sprinkler system (that most people overwater with). I have a "travelling" sprinkler. I can have that little guy walk all the way from the front yard to the back. That's about three operations cut down to one.....and it will insure that it all gets done! It's a small thing...but it makes me happy!

No comments: