Tuesday, June 12, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 137

HappyUP!!! - waking up at 4:50
Why it happened - my alarm didn't go off at 4:30
Why it made me happy - I set my cell phone to wake me at 4:30. I had a shuttle to catch at 5:30 from my hotel in Riverside to the airport. The phone/alarm didn't go off. I'm an early riser but waking before 5 is not par for the course. Because I had packed up most of my stuff the night before, I calmly took a shower and gathered the last of my things and caught my ride. If I had missed the ride, I wouldn't have landed in time to get to an important meeting that I was presenting at. Think about it. How would you have started your day running that far behind with that kind of pressure.....swearing? rushing? thinking it was a bad day? I started in gratitude even though the world seemed to be a bit against me

HappyUP!!! - world was for me
Why it happened - because I'm me?
Why it made me happy - the hotel drove me to the airport in a Lincoln Towncar...celebrity treatment. I breezed through ticketing to check in my golf bag, security was a breeze, the flight went well, my bags were some of the first one off on the carousel, the parking garage was empty which allowed me to change into "meeting clothes" without embarrassment, the drive to the meeting included the window down and a cool breeze in my hair, and I got to the meeting on time. How beautiful is that when you are travelling???

....I also think that was about 10 HappyUP!!!s

HappyUP!!! - my presentation was extremely well received
Why it happened - preparation
Why it made me happy - I am a great presenter. If I applied myself and had the passion, I could speak professionally in some capacity. I also take risks...in the presentation...and in my powerpoints. Today, they were ON THE MONEY. The group also got distressful news in the middle of my talk. It had the ability to totally sink my presentation. Instead, I was able to roll with it and get the group back on line. In the end, it ended up being a blessing that we got the news in this meeting when we were all together. The possible worst ended up being the best.
JollyJottings

Woke up in time
Towncar to airport
Checked right in
Andy
Bags were first out of the carousel
No one in parking garage
Window down...cool morning
Got to meeting on time
Presentation went awesomely
Great dinner
Back Home
Garden

No comments: