Monday, June 04, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 128....Bilitnekoff Golf Tournament


Ok...so here I am....-just trying to go out and put in an appearance at a celebrity golf tournament. That's all I wanted to do. I just wanted to go out and contribute to society.

No sooner do I get to the venue - these gals from the Raiderette chearleading squad grab me and demand that they get a picture with me.

Well, it's just one of the things that I have to get used to - so, for those of you who like pictures of a good looking guy surrounded by a stagecoach and scantily clad women....this is your lucky day.


Special HappyUP!!! - I walked up to the driving range and hit balls with Fred Bilitnekoff
Why it happened - I positioned myself correctly to take advantage of the opportunity
Why it made me happy - think about this. This was one of my boyhood idols. We got to take a long walk to the range together. I asked him some questions that the average yokel doesn't...and it was definitely something he had some passion for. Shortly, we were joined by Pete Banasak...another former Raider great.


HappyUP!!! - the Bilitnekoff Hall of Fame Golf Classic
Why it happened - I was invited to play...well, I kind of had to ask to get invited
Why it makes me happy - golf. Fred Bilitnekoff was my childhood idol. The cause is tremendous. It was a gorgeous day to be outside.

HappyUP!!! - played with some new friends
Why it happened - they put me in a group of people that I didn't know. Nice guys....all of them.
Why it makes me happy - contacts....contacts....contacts. They never hurt.

HappyUP!!! - breakfast with an old friend and client
Why it happened - they were at the golf tournament
Why it makes me happy - I got reacquainted. I really enjoy this pair. They told me about an opportunity that I had already been thinking about and how much they enjoy it. Plus, it was a darn good breakfast!

No comments: