Sunday, June 10, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 134

HappyUP!!! - getting Dad up this morning
Why it happened - bro and sis in law were out of town...I stayed with dad last night
Why it made me happy - I suppose if I did it every day, it could be a chore. This was the first time that I helped my dad out of bed, got him into his chair, went through his meds, got him the paper, some breakfast, etc. It really isn't much.....and it's nice to be able to help out. He has done so much for me.

HappyUP!!! - dinner with old friends
Why it happened - one of my former co-workers put it together for me
Why it made me happy - just good to hear the old stories.....and be around the people that were all working at the same place that started me on the career that has been so good to me.

HappyUP!!! - making my flight
Why it happened - the line moved
Why it made me happy - most people would complain about the ridiculously long lines I had to sift through to get to my plane. NOTE: don't fly on graduation weekend! I am questioning if this might be the busiest travel weekend of the year. Anyway, it didn't look like there was anyway the line was going to relent and get me to my plane. It did...I made my flight.....and, rather than gripe, I was thankful. I also got the privilege of helping an elderly lady with artificial knees through the line and the airport as well. I had met her and her daughter on the lower concourse. The daughter was nervous about leaving her mom in such a long line. As she was taking the same flight as mine, I said, "I'll get mom on the plane." The daughter didn't know me....but she was relieved. Just a simple act of kindness....it didn't cost me anything. Think about it.

No comments: