Wednesday, June 20, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 145

HappyUP!!! - back home
Why it happened - time to get back from BAKE-ersfield
Why it made me happy - home....after a 4.5 hour drive.....from Bakersfield to Sacramento. Do I need to say more? .......I didn't think so.

HappyUP!!! - question from my co-worker
Why it happened - who knows
Why it made me happy - happy? It busted me up. He said, "Nutster, as soon as this training is out, I want to jet out of Bakersfield." Remember from Day 143, he was the driver so he was giving me instructions. I turned to him and said, "Gee, I don't think so. I was really thinking of hanging around BAKE-ersfield for a few hours to make sure that we take in all it has to offer before we drive 4.5 hours home!" It was a well placed piece of sarcasm

HappyUP!!! - the groups that we trained
Why it happened - they had to get in breakout groups and then present us what they learned. We told them a trinket of a prize was involved and style counted too.
Why it made me happy - these were managers. One group incorporated gymnastics, another guy sang in Spanish, another team did a cheerleading routine, and another guy called himself "O.W.R." - Old White Rapper and did a rap. Now, if we had ordered them to sing or do a dance or anything, they would have said, "too corny." Left to themselves, however, they had a blast......and it was pretty entertaining. At the same time, we got the substance that we would have received anyway.

No comments: