Friday, June 01, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 125....it's June!


But no swooning here! - no, the solstice is not upon us, but the arrival of June is the pre-season for summer.

Ah...summer - it means so much to the school age. They may still be held captive physically for a week or so but, with the end a few days in sight, the last days of scholarship are merely for collecting autographs in yearbooks.

For the rest of us - it means AIR CONDITIONING!

HappyUP!!! - a great breakfast
Why it happened - a meeting was arranged
Why it makes me happy - good fellowship and conversation...the essence of life

HappyUP!!! - a good dialogue with a future business partner
Why it happened - a deal was consumated
Why it makes me happy - new adventures....new risks...new trials....new blood. It is great to have someone new enter the picture.

HappyUP!!! - Gladiator
Why it happened - a little channel surfing
Why it makes me happy - this movie stops me every time I come upon it. I thought only Shawshank Redemption had that effect of me. Gladiator is Hollywood at it's best. The score, especially at the end, gets you right to the core. The end is tremendous. No, I am no movie critic....but I love meaning.

No comments: