Monday, June 18, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 143....Bakersfield

HappyUP!!! - a ride to Bakersfield
Why it happened - a co-worker now has to make most of these trips with me
Why it makes me happy - the co-worker is also a buddy. I was amazed at how much faster that 4.5 hr drive went by with someone to talk to. I thought that we would get tired of chatting. Nope. Plus, he insisted on driving. I thought being the passenger would be the tough part. Heck NO! I even took my pillow and reclined. I was polite and didn't pass out though. I was comfy. Speaking of comfy....

HappyUP!!! - Yoga Pants
Why it happened - I bought some on a whim a couple of years back
Why it makes me happy - no, I don't do yoga. You ladies out there have this figured out, though. For comfort, a pair of loose, thin pants are more comfortable than shorts. The perfect traveling attire.....especially to hot, windy places like Bakersfield!

HappyUP!!! - Carina at the Holiday Inn
Why it happened - we had to check in at the hotel
Why it makes me happy - hey, while I don't qualify as an old codger yet, I have to admit that being greeted by a cute, young perky girl at the hotel was a welcome bonus for a couple of stiff-legged travelers. She recommended a great restaurant, wrote out the directions, and got us into upgraded rooms!

No comments: