Tuesday, June 05, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 129

HappyUP!!! - toastmasters
Why it happened - it was Tuesday
Why it made me happy - I didn't get much sleep last night. This was one of the days that I didn't feel like going. There have been a few of those in my 20 yrs with the organization....but I go anyway. Glad I did. We had a full house and two great speeches to listen to and it included one that moved me. It was a guy doing a career change from sitting behind a computer to fireman.....in his 30's. He's through his first classes and is dead serious about doing something that adds some feeling of meaning. It was a great talk. Plus, the other speech taught me about floating concrete! It's not everyday you get treated to listening to a retired bridge builder talk about concepts that he had patents on.

HappyUP!!! - chicken tacos and family
Why it happened - we had a rare family meeting
Why it made me happy - my bro, sis in law, and the nephews and niece all got together for a serious discussion... well, as serious as we could be. We were all coming together to figure out how we can contribute to taking care of dad/grandpa. It was cool.

HappyUP!!! - setting up the tradeshow booth
Why it happened - we have a show tomorrow
Why it made me happy - rather than the traditional tradeshow display, we ordered a cool mural to hang instead. Everyone has the rollup tradeshow booth. The mural with the company logo is unique...mainly because no one has our logo. It's different...but cool.

No comments: