Wednesday, June 06, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 130

HappyUP!!! - a presidential candidate caught in fabrication
Why it happened - channel surfing
Why it made me happy - though the elections are far away, I'll remember this "small" mis-truth. If he is going to fib about the small things, what we Barack Obama do over the big stuff? I saw the clip of the speech when he was talking about how politicians and how newscasters had moved on from Hurricane Katrina victims. "Long after the politicians are gone, the networks are gone, and Anderson Cooper has moved on, the victims are still there," or something like that. Well, I happen to know that Anderson Cooper continues to go back and broadcast from the storm battered land...I've seen the shows. Obama could have just left it with the networks moving on and made his point. He went a little farther.....it was a stupid thing to do. It makes me happy because, unless something else happens, one candidate just fell off my list to make a decision about come 2008. I like it when things get easier.

HappyUP!!! - tradeshow throngs
Why it happened - our group had to do a realtor convention
Why it made me happy - you can burn a lot of time at conventions. Our booth was jammed! While we had to scramble to resupply the booth....it means opportunity for my people

HappyUP!!! - employee on the mend
Why it happened - it looks like he is recovering and won't need surgery...he is home
Why it makes me happy - hey, I care about my people's welfare. Enough said!

Extra HappyUP!!! - a courtesy and reciprocation
Why it happened - I held the door open a little longer than is required by etiquette
Why it made me happy - once we got through the outside door, the lady I waited for (who I did not know) said, "you have your hands full. Can I help you get into your office?" She didn't work at my place. She had nothing to gain. Her gesture was beyond polite...it was extremely thoughtful.


No comments: