Wednesday, February 14, 2007

HappyUP!!! It's Day 18.....Valentines Day!!!


...and what could be happier - than bustin out one of the coolest (or nerdiest) jacket/tie combos in the world.

-for obvious reasons - this is not the everyday look. But, it leads us right into....

HappyUP!!! 1 - throwing on the red coat and really cool tie.
Why it happened - it's Valentine's Day for one. For another, I just happened to pick up this special occasion jacket along the way
Why it makes me happy - I like to be bold...take some risks...be a little out there. Oh...wait...."be a little out there"? I live there. Anyway, it is always fun to do something that you really aren't supposed to.....and still be stylish

(YES......this was stylish. Had the black pants going on downstairs....nice)

HappyUP!!! 2 - the flooring is in...the flooring is in!
Why it happened - I finally just picked some!!!
Why it made me happy - well, I didn't really "just pick some." I did it surprisingly quickly while maintaining some standards for how I wanted the house to look. Still, you never know. About 1/3 of it went down today and, from what I can tell, it is going to look outstanding!!!

(Hey, with the remodel taking as long as it has, it really does need to come out special. This is a bit of a trick.... I'm not a designer or one that is extremely detail oriented in these matters)

Another bunch of floor - goes down tomorrow. It's OK to use the same HappyUP!!! on successive days. You just can't "phone it in." It has to make you happy. My floor guy loved it....he had never laid Marmoleum (the material on the left) before. The exotic vinyl tiles on the right went in awhile back...credit to the outside helper on that pick!)

HappyUP!!! 3 - just pushing through work stuff
Why it happened - you just gotta keep on keeping on. Why it made me happy - These are interesting times in my industry. Other people would have other descriptions......I have been those other people. Yet, in the challenges, I see some distinct opportunities for the people that get their heads down and work through the issues.

1 comment:

paris parfait said...

Scott, you would have fit right in today. Your jacket would be a hit with the "metrosexual" Paris men who favour pink sweaters or brightly striped shirts - it's all the rage! :) Especially appropriate for Valentine's Day. HappyUP!