Monday, February 26, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 30

It's time for a celebration - it is the magical 30 day mark!

"Wait, Nutster! Didn't you just celebrate the 4 week mark a couple of days ago? Aren't you milking this a bit?" - hey, I resemble that remark!

Of course I just celebrated four weeks - and today, we celebrate 30 days. It's your party too! Who says there should be a limit on celebrations? Don't look at me. I didn't make that rule. I may have another one at day 35...40....definitely at the big five-oh.

In the meantime, you are itching to find out what happened today - so let's get on with it.

HappyUP!!! 1 - an arena softball win
Why it happened - I like to play...and it is in my calender
Why it makes me happy - just taking an hour or so, being around some good guys, and keeping up with them. It's totally a guy thing. Hey, come to think of it, I don't do that many guy things....well, except for crochet and embroidery.

HappyUP!!! 2 - kicking some butt at work
Why it happened - pure mental attitude.....fueled partially/wholly by HappyUP!!!
Why it makes me happy - my business is a battlefield. I am giving some pretty strong and clear orders to my troops. It's no power trip. I know that it is all for their best long term interest. I feel like I am on top of things (while I know I am falling behind on some others)

HappyUP!!! 3 - a great interview
Why it happened - one of my managers was persistent and got this lady on my calender
Why it made me happy - this recruit seems to have it all. A good recruiting interview is always going to be a HappyUP!!! for me. This candidate brings an element of grace as well. She will also be the first person to come to work under my new accountability program. She should do very well in our system.

JollyJottings

-a couple of great e-mails and invitations
-a great builder meeting
-a solid conversation at work...or two...or three
-made some ground on a new initiative
- something to look forward to for later in the week

No comments: