Friday, February 09, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 13

HappyUP!!! Teaching/learning for the day - it doesn't matter how good or how bad life is going for you, you have more good things going on than you consciously realize. As humans, we have a tendency to see the things that go wrong and pay more attention to them than the things that go right.

We take good things for granted - but not when we HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! 1
- got all of my annual reviews done..done..done
Why it happened - deadline
Why it made me happy - hey, this was a happy up yesterday. It tells you how big the project was. Anytime you finish something like that, it's time for a HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! 2 - woodstove fireplace and tile were taken out
Why it happened - I didn't wait to do it on a weekend....I had it done
Why it made me happy - it was progress on the house....and delegating a job I could have done to someone that actually enjoys doing it!!!

HappyUP!!! 3 - reminded and thanked for a favor done long ago
Why it happened - met friends for appetizers after work
Why it made me happy - I don't do things for compliments but I did a nice turn for someone a few years back. It was something that was not my favorite thing to do but I gladly helped out. Years later, to still feel appreciated for it, it felt good.


JollyJottings
-made a new friend
-reakfast with a direct report
-got all of my annual reviews done
-got to 100% complete on an initiative
-cleared some air with a person that needed clearing
-
appetizers with friends
-got my woodstove and tiles in front of it removed
-spent time with a comedian/acquaintenance/friend at appetizers
-helped a co-worker at a different site

No comments: