Tuesday, February 06, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 10

HappyUP!!! 1 - a fresh g uest at Toastmasters
Why it happened - the guest read about Toastmaster's in Keith Ferrazzi's book "Never Eat Alone"
Why it made me happy - another potential person that we can assist to her life's goals. It's also always nice to meet new people

HappyUP!!!2 - seeing my admin
Why it happened - our schedules coincided
Why it made me happy - my admin is a happy soul. Due to my travelling, our working in different locations, and a sick child, I hadn't seen her in a week. Having her back to work also told me that her little girl had gotten over a bad case of food poisoning

HappyUP!!!3 - we caught a competitor in a lie
Why it happened - I did some due diligence
Why it made me happy - in our business, it is tough these days. It can cause people to question themselves, the company, lots of things. When times are good...people party. When tough, they ponder. By catching this item that had potential to make us look bad, it actually made our company shine....the integrity we stand for shone through.

Jolly Jottings

-Talked to a peer from a different part of the enterprise. He gave me some insights
-We had another fresh face as a guest at Toasmasters
-A nice lady gave me some valuable information
-I had a funny exchange with an e-mail buddy
-My 6:30 standing appointment called me to tell me that he can't meet tomorrow.....I needed the extra time tomorrow
-Solved the problem and won more relationship points with another employee who has been struggling
-Got a vote of confidence from my boss

No comments: