Wednesday, February 07, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 11

HappyUP!!! 1 - the HappyUP excercise
What caused the HappyUP - I have made a commitment to carry on in the process
Why it makes me happy - dedication to a goal that I am passionate about. Seeing the process help me TREMENDOUSLY get through what should be a difficult time. Actually seeing looking for the good start to become more of an automatic nature. I always saw the good....just not as much of it. I like what I am seeing. I still see the problems...but I am seeing them through different lenses. I had forgot to make my entry here, went to bed, realized that I hadn't entered them here today, got up with joy, and came to make the entry...HappyUP!!! is that important.

HappyUP!!!2 - solved a VERY high level problem at work
What caused it - I made a phone call at exactly the right time....instead of an e-mail. I was prompted to make the call by one of my managers
Why it made me happy - I learned some things I didn't know. We are going to be able to do a piece of business internally that I thought that we would have to farm out. It will make life easier for my employees. This is going to cause even more belief in our company by the employees.

HappyUP!!! 3 - Finding solid footing
What caused it - a potentially painful situation I am going through
Why it made me happy - I'm deep down good with me and what I did. If you did what you could and things didn't work out like you hoped, what can you do? You only look back if you screwed up. I came to terms that, in this situation, I am OK. HappyUP!!! doesn't make the situation go away....just easier to deal with it.

Jolly Jottings
-Home church was great - I missed my little adopted family when I travelled last week
-Deal went bad at work - the company missed out but, at least, I found out about it and can now use it as a learning experience
-Woke up before the alarm - just barely which is perfect
-breakfast
-great talk with one of my managers - I think I did some quality mentoring
-talk with my boss went well

No comments: