Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Divorce Diet


This is going to be a fun post - for year's, I have been hearing about this phenomenon. I even did a google on it today.

The Divorce Diet - now, in my research, I did find one occurrence that I hadn't thought of. It is the unhealthy situation when the person is in such a mental situation where they can't eat. Not good....
but I can understand it.

The other, more prevalent situation - is when the party now starts taking better care of themselves once the marriage is over. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

From asking other people (guys) and personal experience - I know that a woman's weight is off limits in discussion. If it wasn't, we wouldn't have all the fun with the what-do-you-say-when-my-wife-says "do these jeans make my butt look big" question.

Guys - even though you know it and notice it, the gal's weight is off limits. Even if it is bugging you! That's the way that it is. If you are over 30 and you are learning this for the first time, heaven help you.....you have minerals in your head. Bringing up her weight will TAKE you to divorce!!!

Dudes....you even have to watch - out if your lady is on an excercise program. There is a fine line between encouraging her and nagging her. If it sounds like you are getting too behind her, she is going to think you are telling her that the progress isn't coming fast enough for YOU. At that point, you might as well tell her, "I can't wait until you can get your big butt back in those jeans that you are always asking me about."

For most of us guys - it's best to just take the Fifth Amendment around this entire topic.

So, the person (could be guy or gal) - goes out and gets themselves in great shape...or, at least, better shape. The motivation seems to be one or two of these: revenge or "gotta get the product in shape for the market."

But, if the person can pull it off - and get themselves in better shape then, why wouldn't they do it before the marriage ended?

Clearly, the losing (as in weight) party - isn't doing it for themselves at that point. If they were, they would have done it while they were still married. While being in better shape probably wouldn't have saved the marriage, it probably couldn't have hurt it.

...and, remember, the other person (particularly the guy) - couldn't say anything because it comes across as "he wants me to lose weight for him and not for me. He should love me the way that I am." Well, if that is the case, why would the person change after the marriage....shouldn't she/he have the same expectation for the next person? ..to be accepted as their round self?

No...it appears that the person - is now doing it for some stranger they have yet to meet but wouldn't do it for him/herself OR for the person that they love or once did.

If they are doing it for revenge - well......in my book, you don't do things for revenge. You give control over yourself to someone that you don't care about. Bad juju.

The Divorce Diet - yet another highly illogical human behavior that I just don't understand.

No comments: