Sunday, February 04, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 8

HappyUP!!! 1 - a nice walk on a sunny day

Why did it happen - I got off my fanny and decided that was the best use of an hour or so this afternoon

Why it made me happy - it was well over 60 degrees, the sun was out, the air was fresh and crisp. It was a perfect walking day. I said some hearty, happy "hellos" to some strangers with warm greetings back. I took my journal along and made a few JollyJottings along the way

HappyUP!!! 2 - a new speech idea

Why did it happen - I read a quote in a book that I was reading. I took the walk and an idea sprung from the quote

Why it made me happy - I am a member of Toastmasters. Every Spring, the World Championship of Public Speaking begins. I have made it up a few levels many, many times over the last 20 yrs. It's always interesting to see what I come up with.....this time. I came home, mind mapped the concept, and the speech is almost written long before the first level of competition. It should be a solid speech and I have plenty of time to refine it.

HappyUP!!! 3 - a Super Bowl party

Why did it happen - my brother and sister-in-law MADE it happen

Why if made me happy - it wasn't a huge group of people. Just the right number. Watch a little game and do a lot of chit chatting and overall BS-ing. No screaming and yelling at the plays. It was perfect....even though the game was the usual yawner!

No comments: