Friday, February 02, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 6 January 07

Wow...the week has flown by - which just goes to emphasize the point of taking up the ol HQ. HQ, the Happy Quoteint, is unlike the IQ...it has been scientifically proved that it can be raised...significantly.

"Nutster...knock it off...I'm happy already" - kudos for you. Can you be happier? For you? For me? For your world around you? For the world around you? You may be at a 5.....take it to a 7. What? You are at a 10? Hey, who set the limit....11 anyone???

I made the mistake tonight - by turning on a little too much cable news. I know better but, hey, sometimes you get drawn in. It's time for a good HappyUP!!! shower and clean myself up.

HappyUP!!! 1 - a brisk morning walk.

Why it happened - I had dropped my truck off for some servicing before the trip to Bakersfield. I was ready to drive to the gym when I said, "dork, the truck is at the dealership right across from the gym. Why not take a hard, fast walk for a couple of miles instead of warming up the globe by driving the other car to the place where they keep the human hamster wheels?"

Why it made me happy - well, just because you are on a HappyUP!!!, it doesn't mean that you don't have "stuff" going on in your life. Morning walks are good for dealing with some of those things. Outside....cold....breaking a sweat against the elements....it's just good.

HappyUP!!! 2 - lining up basketball guests

Why it happened - my company had some tickets for a Kings game. I needed to "play host" and invite some people for tomorrow night

Why it made me happy - I really like the people that I invited. They were really excited to get some free tickets for a Saturday night game....you know, that genuine appreciation that you don't always see. It does you good anytime you are around it.

HappyUP!!! 3 - an invitation to a SuperBowl party

Why it happened - my dear brother called me up and, as we customarily do, he said calmly, "Hello, brother...were having some people over for the Super Bowl. Do you two want to come?"

Why it made me happy - I don't know when it happened but my brother and I fell into a habit that, when we call each other, we always say, "Hello, Brother." I know, it seems kind of stupid to most....but it is unique to us and in how we say it. We are kind of joking but it's our way of telling each other that we love each other....without being mushy. Plus, it's always good to get together with people at someone's home for the SuperBowl. Even if it is a crummy game, the company is going to be good. Something to look forward to is always a HappyUP!!!

Golf tomorrow morning with a guy - that I am building a new friendship with, pro basketball in person with some neat people tomorrow night, a little "do stuff around the house Sunday morning followed up with some Super Bowl revelrie..........it's a HappyUP!!! weekend.

1 comment:

Waspgoddess said...

Despite some not so good news Friday I still found several things to be happy about, and here are the top 3:

1. Getting tickets for two to a dance performance from my boss.

2. Seeing a girl in a beautiful green coat.

3. Eating a delicious mango after dinner.