Saturday, February 24, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 28..it's Friday!


HappyUP!!! 1 - nephew seeking me out for advice
Why it happened - who knows....I have been waiting
Why it makes me happy - we aren't demonstrative in our family but I do love my nephew to death. He is in his mid-twenties...a bit adrift. He's a good kid...with a huge heart that he has to hide. He is having to come to grips with lifestyle versus employment. Changing careers. So, he wants to get together with his uncle for some advice.

HappyUP!!! 2 - a shot of depression/blues
Why it happened - who knows? I didn't have my Friday night planned very well?
Why it made me happy - "Nutster, how the heck can a shot of depression make you happy? Are you mental? Have you lost it?" Heck no!!! Hey, even being a HappyUP!!! kind of guy doesn't make you totally immune to life's troubles. It just keeps you from dwelling on them and making them worse. For whatever reason, I was a little off last evening when I got home. But, I realized what it was....for what it was. It was just a couple of clouds that rolled by for a bit. I embraced the clouds.....but I didn't fall in love with them!!! It was no big deal. It made me happy to realize this...and helped me to plan what to do the next time this weather pattern rolls in. It also makes me appreciate this morning!!!! I am up, at it, and looking forward to today....an exciting day... the contractor is coming over!!!!

HappyUP!!! 3 - a great story from an employee
Why it happened - I just made a howdy doody "how you doin" call
Why it made me happy - I am kind of mentoring this young gent. We have bonded. He hasn't had a manager for some time so I have taken him on as a direct report. He had a piece of success with a suggestion that I made. I am so proud that he went out and did what I told him.....and, by doing, he now will understand. Self-motivation will soon kick in....and he will be on his way BIG TIME. I absolutely LOOOOOVE that!!!


JollyJottings

Video
Blizzard
Shot of Depression
Stir Fry
No Chimney extension
Trip to models
Breakfast w/manager
Great story from employee
Great e-mail from friend
Great page read on cognition

No comments: