Friday, June 10, 2011

HappyUP!!! Day 1593



HappyUP!!! - winning the horserace
Why it happened - some clutch shots
Why it makes me happy - the horserace is a tournament within the tournament. It's a gradual elimination after you are paired with the guest of another member. If you get down to the finals, it's four teams playing the last hole for all the marbles.....with every other contestant circling the final green as a gallery watching you come in. Pressure?....uh....yeah!

HappyUP!!! - wedge into 18 on the horserace
Why it happened - I have a few skills
Why it makes me happy - with about 90 yds in....and all those carts behind the green...it would have been pretty easy to hit one a little "thin" and send it into someone's windshield. Nope....I decided to hit a perfect "spinner" to within 10 feet of the hole. I got a LOT of attaboys on that one!

HappyUP!!! - chipoff
Why it happened - horserace
Why it makes me happy - we were tied with one other team so we had to "chip it off" with everyone watching. The other team went first. My partner then got up and hit his a little fat and didn't quite get on the green. It all got down to me.......and I knocked it well inside the other team. (Insert Queen music here-----"We Are the Champions, My Friends"). Great fun and I have a new Canadian friend, my GREAT partner in this endeavor.

HappyUP!!! - magical evening
Why it happened - I planned it
Why it makes me happy - I skipped out of the Friday night Invitational shenanigans and went out for a night of fantastic music under the stars. The weather was perfect...the ride home was awesome......just a great evening that capped off a great day. Yeah....this was a particularly good day to be me. I pinch myself!



JollyJottings

Winning the horserace
Horserace...putt on 16....drive on 18....wedge on 18....the chip off chip that won it all
Birdie on 1
Great dinner with my sweetie
Lovely evening under the stars with EXCEPTIONAL entertainment

No comments: