Sunday, April 20, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 448



HappyUP!!! - a visitor to my strawberry plant

Why it happened - I have a garden...with strawberries

Why it makes me happy - I really don't know. Perhaps I am getting older. Maybe I really am getting wiser. I must have observed this little ladybug for 2-3 minutes. She was the first one that I have seen this year. I also heard the bees doing their thing up in my orange blossoms.





HappyUP!!! - a RED strawberry

Why it happened - they need to turn red before you can eat em!

Why it makes me happy - I held off and didn't do it today. I will be tasting that first delicious morsel in just a few days. If you think homegrown tomato's are the best (and they are pretty darn good), you should try a strawberry right off the vine. You get red stains on your fingers from the oil! That's right, no washing. You just brush a little grit off.....you want that oil.




HappyUP!!! - it's just about all in.

Why it happened - I have been working on it.

Why it makes me happy - it's just down to watering and watching the backyard spring to life now. Look at those grape vines. When I started tilling, there was not a leaf on the vine. Those grapes get a little headstart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.