Friday, January 19, 2007

Welcome to Jan 2, 2008!

At the beginning of the year, I opened with the above statement in a meeting that I was chairing - I then stopped and inserted the awkward silent pause that a speaker can inject to see if he has command over the meeting.

I drank in the awkward stares - and then broke the silence with, "Every one of you will be saying that 365 days from now.....what will be different between what is today and what is to come. Will you intentionally effect something or just see what drifts down the river and happens to wash up on your shore line and do the best with it."

Either one is OK - just understand....it is YOUR choice and YOU are begin to make that choice RIGHT NOW upon hearing my words. You BEGIN to make the choice again 1 minute from now...and a minute from then....and a minute from then.

It was interesting - I caught Seth's posting and it reminded me of starting that meeting a couple of week's ago. 16 days have passed. What choices have I made about what my Jan 2, 2008 will look like.

I have to run - it seems that I may be running a little behind. I have some excitement to create.

No comments: