Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Headin Out the Door

...and on the way to work - yes, I have some challenging employee issues to deal with today. I have pressing deadlines. We are in the middle of reorganization in the food chain above me. Communication is limited and confusing.

But it is a natural part - of being in business. When you are in business, you deal with people and all of what they bring to the table.

And, often, what they bring to the table - isn't the pretty centerpiece that you would choose.

So....what do you do - not even let them sit at your table and stop them at the door? Then, you get to do all the work. Do you take their centerpiece and tell them what a piece of digestive waste it is? Surely
, that will make them feel better and make them hate their own certerpiece, won't it? (<----Sarcasm) It sure would be a lot faster and easier if everyone saw it your way, wouldn't it?

It just doesn't work like that - it is your table. You don't have to allow someone else to sit their stuff ON it. You can let them. Maybe, it is just temporary. You can also teach them to get their own table. You can teach them how to appreciate my centerpiece....

...but you can't MAKE them like it - though, God only knows, you try.

It's the wee hours of the morning - another challenging day ahead but I already have a couple of HappyUP!!!s going for me. It's going to be a good day.


1 comment:

Waspgoddess said...

1. going for my early morning walk amidst the chorus of birds waking up in the trees all around me.

2. wafts of freshly baked cookies as I walk past a cookie stall on my way home from work.

3. my man reading me a passage from Italo Calvino's Invisible Cities after dinner.