Sunday, January 28, 2007

HappyUP!!! Day 1 Jan 2007


OK, gang, let's get rolling
- I promised you in my earlier post that we would start this week. Now, I don't know when you are reading this but it is Sunday in my world.

If it is Monday
- in your world, that's OK. Welcome to Day 1 of posting your HappyUPs!!!

Here is what I have for you today:

HappyUP!!! 1. Flooring for my house is decided

Why it happened - I got off the duff yesterday, went to the floor store, and was decisive in the samples that I brought home. NO MORE THINKING ABOUT IT!!!

Why it made me happy - it is putting me closer to getting the remodeling and redecorating done. It won't be long until I can put things away.....in their proper place.....where I can find them...again! I will have my books in places and not boxes all over the place. Basically, I can live like a real person.....ahhhhh. My flooring guy called back today...on a Sunday (a HappyUP within a HappyUP) and he is going to come measure tomorrow.

HappyUP!!! 2. I woke up really early

Why it happened - I have no idea. I haven't been tired today but I will sleep well tonight.

Why it made me happy - it gave me some of those extra precious morning hours that I love. I was able to capture 3 pages of morning writings. These are the ones where you are still in a bit of the sleep induced state. It is as close as you can get to getting in touch with your subconcious mind while awake.

HappyUP!!! 3. A few drops of rain spit at us today

Why it happened - who knows? We haven't had much rain this year

Why it made me happy - we get a little spoiled in Northern California. The nights have been strangely cold...and dry....for us. The rain today wasn't even measurable but it was a reminder that it does rain here. Hopefully, the nearby ski slopes will start to get some powder. It has been a tough winter for them.

OK....your turn - no need to go into the "why it happened" and "why it made you happy" for me unless you want to. Make sure that you DO those steps for yourself, however. It is critical. You can do this excercise for 7 days and it will have months of benefit. Trust me...

It's one of those things that - once you get in the habit of jotting down candidates of good things during the day, you won't want to stop. If you do, you will always remember the excercise. It will effect how you perceive the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://uplatette.typepad.com/gettin_my_kicks/
i have mine on my blog !!

Waspgoddess said...

1. waking up with a warm cat stretched out like a velvet eel next to me under the duvet.

2. feeling really inspired when reading an interview with a writer. life is full of possibilities.

3. it was still light when i left the office at 5.