Tuesday, May 25, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1212


HappyUP!!! - stock market recovery
Why it happened - bulls and bears are fighting
Why it makes me happy - this is a classic example of how this HappyUP!!! process has helped me. The stock market was down over 300 points and has been trending downward. It still finished down for the day...not a HappyUP!!! by any stretch of the imagination. The market doesn't usually turnaround like it did, however. At the end of the day, I have been given an opportunity to "fix" any positions I might want to without "selling at the bottom." I have been given an attractive choice. I'm not ignoring the fact their is a loss today....nothing I can do about that....no Pollyanna thinking....just not much I can do about that. CHOICE is one of the major keys to happiness.

HappyUP!!! - invitation to dinner
Why it happened - it's my neices birthday
Why it makes me happy - what is my neice insisting on for dinner? Hamburgers all around.....but we have to go to a fairly nice restaraunt to obtain the said delicacy. It should be fun to stroll in and have us all do the proverbial, "Cheeseboiga....cheeseboiga....cheeseboiga" schtick tomorrow night.

HappyUP!!! - Toastmasters
Why it happened - I am very intentional about my attendance
Why it makes me happy - 3 great speeches.....a first time evaluation from a member who did great...I got thanked in a speech by a new member....I gave a solid evaluation....great attendance....great energy. I would have hated missing today's meeting.

HappyUP!!! - quality range session
Why it happened - had to get out there and keep working it
Why it makes me happy - I hit some exceptional shots....and some bad ones....and that is OK. There really isn't much productive about going to the range and "striping" them all. I think I came across a couple of key discoveries....some logical....some more "feel" based. The "feel" based are much more valuable nuggets.

HappyUP!!! - some freakish rain
Why it happened - it's the weather
Why it makes me happy - rain this late in main is a strange occurrence. I know it screws up people's plans but we won't see rain again for some time. I like a little rain now and then. It freshens things up. I wish we got a bit in the midst of summer...sure....it would be more humid...but it sure cleans things up. The rain in the forecast also calls for extremely moderate weekend coming up. That's important as we enter "Ol Nutter Almanac Weekend." More on that later.

JollyJottings

3 great speeches
Hearing a new member give first evaluation
Delightful people
Delicious little breakfast
Great practice session
Avoiding the rain
Tendinitis reprieve
Dow comes back
Rain

No comments: