Sunday, May 09, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1196

HappyUP!!! - Mother's Day
Why it happened - uh....it's observed
Why it makes me happy - it is a really good thing. Yes....many "holidays" are contrived. This is a nice tradition. Everyone has their own opportunity. No...didn't get to take mom to brunch today...she's been gone a few years....but....it did make me think about her a bit more than I normally do. It's not about brunch....it's about what she did...who she was....how much she sacrificed for "her boys." Though it made me miss her.......it made me happy.

HappyUP!!! - a crappy practice session
Why it happened - I forced myself out there
Why it makes me happy - my golf game is in disarray....but....wherever you are, there you are....and, I think, the days where you search....help....get you to the day you don't have to.

HappyUP!!! - a lovely walk
Why it happened - decided to go out
Why it makes me happy - the wind was blowing....skies threatening.....kind of melodramatic...kind of metaphoric.....but...I KNOW.....I KNOW....that despite the tempetousness of the weather...and the PENSIVENESS I was feeling today due to Mother's Day.....that nothing but good is waiting in the wings.

JollyJottings

Scrambled eggs
Gingers
Practice session
Lovely weather
A pensive day

No comments: