Thursday, July 23, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 908

HappyUP!!! - another new Toastmasters member
Why it happened - he came as our guest a couple of times
Why it makes me happy - we have another official member...the dues are paid. We really needed this explosive growth in our club....now, we just need to handle it.

HappyUP!!! - locating my cell phone
Why it happened - it dropped out of my pocket at the club
Why it makes me happy - I realized on the way home from golf that I didn't have my cell. I then thought, "maybe I didn't even take it with me today." I got home looked around...did the "call myself" thing from the other line....it was nowhere. A couple of minutes later, a guy from the golf course called me and said he had the phone.....HappyUP!!!!

HappyUP!!! - owning one of the hottest stocks in today's market
Why it happened - I bought it about 4 months ago
Why it makes me happy - this has been a nice gainer for four months.....today, it exploded 18.6%.....second highest gainer on the NYSE. Yes, I have owned stocks that got on the biggest decliner list before...and on the gainer list too. I've never owned one to this extreme though. Nice.......probably time to sell it tomorrow!

HappyUP!!! - near eagle
Why it happened - I played smart....and then hit a tremendous shot
Why it makes me happy - the 4th hole on our back 9 is a very short par four. The driving area is a little tight and I have missed this fairway a bunch of times in a row...right....left....left....right. Today, even though it was into the wind, I decided to hit a hybrid. It left me 136 yards to the pin but I was in the middle of the fairway. I loaded up a 9 iron and hit it on the button. The ball mark was less than 6 inches in front of the cup.....and the ball just to the right and back of the ball mark. It may have even hit the stick. The feeling of that shot....the flight of the ball.....perfection.

JollyJottings

ANOTHER new member
My phone located
Phone call from a friend
Birdie on second hole
Near eagle on 13th hole
A solid round of golf with a lot of quality shots
Skins leader in the group
E-mail from another friend
Stock Market

No comments: