Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 900

HappyUP!!! - stock market rally
Why it happened - earnings season is on....and they are coming in well. The people betting against the market have had to jump in
Why it makes me happy - I had my best daily gain of the year....all the losses of the previous two weeks have been erased this week and momentum is shifting in a good direction.

HappyUP!!! - collecting from P.E.N.O. (Public Enemy Number One)
Why it happened - I put together a solid round
Why it makes me happy - PENO is a great player. He gives me a lot of strokes.....and he beats me every time. Once in awhile, we break even. For the first time in history, he actually had to pay me as I won a couple of bets. HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - pitching it in
Why it happened - I hit an awesome shot
Why it makes me happy - I was on the 15th hole of the 2nd round. Laff was beating me silly...and he had hit it to 8 ft. I was left of the green with a bunker between me and the pin. All I could hope for was a tie....IF I hit a good chip and he missed the putt. I looked at the little pitch and said, "I could make this,"........and I did. The ball went up, broke a little to the left, and died in the hole. HappyUP!!! Laff was then nice enough to miss his putt.

HappyUP!!! - draining a tricky putt at a crucial time
Why it happened - I hit a really good putt
Why it makes me happy - I had a downhill 25 footer with a little right to left break. I hit the putt and, with it only 25% of the way there said, "I flipping made it." It went in for the birdie. Lots of bets were hanging in the balance. Laff then drained his own 20 footer to tie me up for birdie. No, I didn't want to see that happen but it was golf mano y mano jamming it to each other.

HappyUP!!! - 18th hole
Why it happened - I played it twice
Why it makes me happy - I hit a great 5 iron off the hard pan in the morning and a solid 9 iron after a busted drive on the afternoon round. Both shots found the green......and won me a lot of bets.

HappyUP!!! - 7 iron on the 7th hole in the afternoon
Why it happened - I made a great swing
Why it makes me happy - I nailed this one up with a little draw. It had a chance to be an ace until it ended 3 feet from the cup. Some golf shots are hit perfectly....this was one of them.

JollyJottings

Stock Market
37 on the first 9
Knocking in a birdie putt on 17
5 iron from the hardpan on 18
37 on the third 9
7 iron to 3 feet on 7
Chipping in on 15
Driver...9 iron....par on 18
Collecting money from P.E.N.O.
Getting into the Laff's pocket...and moving the ledger into a positive balance
Running into V
Vegetables for an old friend

No comments: