Friday, June 12, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 867

HappyUP!!! - my golf partner...."the gangsta"
Why it happened - he said he was the rapper
Why it makes me happy - I made a couple of comments regarding his "gangsta" status. I don't know if I have ever seen someone laugh so hard. Laughter is a HappyUP!!! when you do it or when the people around you do.

HappyUP!!! - a couple of outstanding birdies
Why it happened - a little bit of skill
Why it makes me happy - grip down a 4 iron from about 180 into the wind, over water and hit it 10 feet...then make the putt. HappyUP!!! When you cut a hybrid into the wind to a back pin position at nearly two bills and then make the putt, it makes you feel pretty good too.

HappyUP!!! - a solid round
Why it happened - I picked up some swing keys
Why it makes me happy - I had endured 15 straight rounds in the 80's. I snuck in a 79 yesterday, a 77 this morning, and then, from the Gold tees, a 73 this afternoon. Good golf will give you a lift.

HappyUP!!! - a bet with my golf buddy, Rickster
Why it happened - we had 6 holes to go and I decided to spice things up
Why it makes my happy - we usually just play for fun. With 6 to go and Rickster playing better than me, I thought we needed to play skins for a buck...no carryovers....no major damage. All of a sudden.....BOOM....I closed things out playing the last 6 in 2 under par. HappyUP!!!

JollyJottings

45 holes
Gangsta partner
Birdie from the sand
2 under for last 6 holes of morning round
3 birdies in afternoon round
4 iron on scorecard 16....twice....and a birdie
Team golf
Partner shooting 68
Cut hybrid into scorecard 17
7 iron into final hole
Dice game
A great hot dog
Muscle Milk

No comments: