Monday, June 29, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 884




HappyUP!!! - root to plate in an hour
Why it happened - I decided to harvest some potatoes
Why it makes me happy - Last November, I decided to plant a few winter items. Never having grown during the winter, I didn't know what would happen. I was doing a little weeding in the garden. I decided it was time to pull out some potato plants and see what happened. Low and behold, there were some full blown BIG taters under the ground. I grated a few up, threw in some onions and garlic (from the same winter planting) and the season's first bell pepper. That was some good eating

HappyUP!!! - delivering some veggies
Why it happened - I have some friends that use what I grow
Why it makes me happy - my best friend's folks are old school. They don't throw food away and appreciate fresh produce. I took them my first delivery of the year. They also love figs and I have some beauties. Later, Mrs E called me and we got a chance to chat for a moment.

HappyUP!!! - the waitress
Why it happened - grabbed dinner out tonight
Why it makes me happy - hadn't eaten at the Cheesecake Factory. They have a huge menu. The waitress appeared to be a little young and I didn't expect her to be a huge help with the menu.......I was wrong. She got us pointed in a great direction and we had some excellent entrees. She even showed my buddy some tips on using the Iphone. GREAT Waitress!!!

JollyJottings

Watering/weeding
Potatoes for breakfast
Meeting a buddy 4 dinner
Great waitress
Getting errands done
Update from my buddy
Getting home without a contact

No comments: