Monday, March 22, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1149



HappyUP!!! - birdie on 9
Why it happened - a quality shot...and an outstanding putt
Why it makes me happy - two of my competitors had their ball closer to the pin than I did...I was the first birdie in....only to be joined by the two of them. If I don't make that putt, I get my butt handed to me.

HappyUP!!! - 7 iron into 16
Why it happened - swinging the irons pretty well right now
Why it makes me happy - we were heading to the home stretch...it was a pretty good idea to give myself a good birdie look at this point. This was one of those elusive totally pure iron shots that you can go awhile until you hit.

HappyUP!!! - running into my best friend
Why it happened - I needed to go to Kinkos....so did my friend
Why it makes me happy - we hadn't seen each other in a long time. Heck...we didn't need coffee....or a bar.....Kinko's is a great place to chat over copies.

HappyUP!!! - a weird intersection
Why it happened - just timing
Why it makes me happy - had been trading some e-mail with another friend. Then, while I was on my way to the golf course, I was at a stop sign....who should be at the stop sign to my right at exactly the same time?....my buddy that I had just been e-mailing with. We got to do the "little wave"....pretty funny stuff.

JollyJottings

Birdie on 9
Friends that overlook things
Seeing a friend at the intersection
Running into my best buddy at Kinko's
Playing a decent round of golf

No comments: