Sunday, March 21, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1148



HappyUP!!! - finding my vest
Why it happened - I did a good deed
Why it makes me happy - prior to teeing off, I had to go back to my car to grab a club I had pulled out of my bag. As I went there, I saw a very nice wind shirt lying in the parking lot. There was a piece of me that wanted to leave it there as it was just recently misplaced. The owner would surely notice and retrace his steps. Then, I thought, "and, if he cares, he'll retrace them to lost and found." I took the vest to lost and found.....and, while I was there, I found my nice, fleece zippered vest that is perfect for those in-between times on the links.

HappyUP!!! - dinner
Why it happened - a guy has to eat
Why it makes me happy - a BBQ'd chicken breast in soy sauce, garlic salt, Montreal steak seasoning, and some olive oil. A dipping sauce for both of avocado, mayo, salt, and some taco sauce. A beautiful night to BBQ. The only question that leaves this HappyUP!!! short is, "Where were you tonight?"

HappyUP!!! - my HappyUP!!!s when I take a hit
Why it happened - I do these
Why it makes me happy - hey, peeps don't realize sometimes that I get a shot to the gut too on occasion. I am not immune to "stuff". I got one in the last day. No question...it is a challenge. The daily appreciation of gratitude, however, for what goes right in my life does help counter-balance the things that don't. HappyUP!!!s will never make you a PollyAnna...but they will bring you back to center to see things that are right when other things that happen are crying to get your attention about things that are wrong. The things that go wrong do need attention....but not over-attention.

HappyUP!!! - down a couple of pounds
Why it happened - I have been keeping an eye out
Why it makes me happy - I was a little "top ended" coming into the year. It seems had settled there. Yet, through recent weeks of just "keeping an eye out," I am down 5 pounds. Another 5 would be optimal....not sure I am motivated enough to get there....but I am happy I have a little breathing room at the moment while I decide.

HappyUP!!! - a nice walk
Why it happened - it was a gorgeous evening
Why it makes me happy - walking is probably the best overall exercise one can do. I get in "kicks" on how much I do it. The sunset was incredible. The air was clean. THIS was a walker's night.

JollyJottings

Finding my vest
Going through a loss...which makes me appreciate what I have
Bunker shot on 18
Two putt on 1
Par putt on 2
5 iron on 9
5 iron on 15
6 iron on 16
Wedge on 17
Down a couple of pounds
Getting a great message from a friend
A buddy who cares about me so much

No comments: