Thursday, March 18, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1145


Today is one of those days - where I am going to pick a few HappyUP!!!'s...but there are so many that I could fill the page. Just making note of them in JollyJottings brings me joy.

HappyUP!!! - reuniting with an old buddy
Why it happened - we set a date to play some golf
Why it makes me happy - brekko, playing as partners (and winning...he played great), and visiting and catching up after the round....great times.

HappyUP!!! - chutting one in....for par...on 17
Why it happened - OK...I did hit the shot perfectly...but there was luck involved for it to drop in the cup
Why it makes me happy - me and my partner were out of the hole. Our opponents both had makeable birdie putts. I am not even on the green......70 feet away...up over a rise with about 8 feet of break.....and I knock it in. If you ever want to deflate your opponent's balloon.....there isn't a much better way.

HappyUP!!! - birdie on 9
Why it happened - I hit good shots
Why it makes me happy - I smoked my 3 wood off the tee.....I hit a pure 8 iron right at the hole....unfortunately, being downwind, it released to the back of the green. I now had about 50 feet of a Tilt-a-Whirl putt........which I dropped. What chance did our opponents have of making their birdies from closer range?

HappyUP!!! - speech contest
Why it happened - I am in Toastmasters
Why it makes me happy - the speaker from our club won. The evaluator from our club did not win but she did SUCH an awesome job....I was so proud of her.....it almost made me cry.

JollyJottings

Brekko
Drive on second hole
Par on 4
Flop shots on 7 and 8
3 wood and 8 iron on 9
Putt on 9
8 iron into 10
Drive and 7 iron on 11
Chutt on 14
6 iron on 16
Putt on 16
Chutt on 17
Visiting with buddy after round
Me and my buddy winning team game
Our speaker winning area speech contest
Our evaluator doing a great job at speech contest
Being invited to be involved at Division contest

No comments: