Friday, March 12, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1139


HappyUP!!! - Merlin Olsen
Why it happened - he died
Why it makes me happy - NO....someone dying is never a HappyUP!!! in and of itself. Yet, it will happen to all of us. I hadn't heard this name in awhile. When I heard of his passing, it reminded me that this is a guy that seemed to have represented a lot of what is good in the world. From everything I have ever heard about this person, this was an exemplary guy.

HappyUP!!! - Party invite
Why it happened - a big day coming in a couple of weeks
Why it makes me happy - this person is very close. I can't wait to be part of the celebration...it's just around the corner.

HappyUP!!! - setting up some reunion golf
Why it happened - we've talked about it...nailed it down today
Why it makes me happy - haven't played golf with this buddy in.......20-25 years? We grew up playing together. We'll get it done next week with a couple other buddies. The weather is looking FABULOUS for next week....could be a stellar day!

HappyUP!!! -

JollyJottings

Party invite
Setting up a reunion golf game
Rain....BEFORE we decided to tee off
My good friend
Call from my buddy
Merlin Olsen

No comments: