Tuesday, March 16, 2010

HappyUP!!! Day 1143


HappyUP!!! - playing with the mini-tour pro
Why it happened - he needed a game
Why it makes me happy - this guy is as good as anybody I have ever played with. How good? How about 5 under after 6 holes good. It's a joy to watch someone strike the ball the way it should be struck.....and he don't putt bad either.

HappyUP!!! - up and down on 4
Why it happened - it was insane
Why it makes me happy - I was as short-sided on this par 3 as you can get....and on a downhill lie when I needed to hit a flop shot. I managed to bump it into the face of the hill......and get it within 15 ft....about as good as you could do....and then drained the putt.

HappyUP!!! - bunker shot on 9
Why it happened - I got a second whack at it
Why it makes me happy - I had 165 to the back pin. I thought I had hit my bunker shot pure....but it hit the lip of the trap and came back to my feet. So, there I was....same place I was just a second ago...with an added stroke. Things looked bleak......and I hit about the best fairway bunker shot of my life.

JollyJottings

Drive on 1
Up and down on 4
Up and down on 5
Wedge into 6
5 iron into 8
Bunker shot on 9
7 iron into 10
6 iron into 12
Hybrid into 14
Weather
Top Down on way home
Playing with the pro

No comments: