Saturday, May 16, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 840

HappyUP!!! - District Conference Speech Contest
Why it happened - I was competing
Why it makes me happy - I "gave the speech I wanted to give." There really wasn't a lot more I could have done with it. There were 8 speeches and, at this level, all of them good. I didn't walk away with first....second....or third.....but I was happy with how I did. The guy that I thought should have won didn't bring home a trophy either. It was all good and a great contest.

HappyUP!!! - support
Why it happened - my club members are great
Why it makes me happy - our Toastmasters Club is tiny.....but every one of them drove more than 30 minutes on a Saturday night and sat through 3 hours of pomp, circumstance, and contest. It was GREAT to have them there. They MADE me give a better speech.

HappyUP!!! - the Sunsetter
Why it happened - the great invitational golf tourney concluded
Why it makes me happy - I put a decent round of golf together. I came on strong at the end with back to back birdies, got robbed out of a par, and scrambled for another par at the end. I played the last 7 holes under par.....and our team needed it. We broke even on our bets....finished well enough to get paid in the tournament (top third)...and had a great time with my brother.

JollyJottings

Seeing my golf pro
Seeing my golf buddies
Trying a new brand of golf ball
Turning it on and making two birdies down the stretch
An up and down on the last hole
Breaking even on our bets
Perhaps placing in the tournament
Shooting a decent score

No comments: