Friday, May 08, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 832

HappyUP!!! - retrieving a bit of "lent" funds
Why it happened - I played golf with guys who have gotten the best of me this year.
Why it makes me happy - it's always better to win a couple of bucks than pay them out.....especially from people who are holding your funds.

HappyUP!!! - hybrid bunker shot
Why it happened - I made a good pass
Why it makes me happy - I had hit a horrible pop up drive to a terrible lie. I tried to do something I couldn't off that lie and cold topped it into a bunker. I was lying 2 180 yards from the hole on this par 4 with a bit of wind in the face. With nothing to lose, I hit the best fairway bunker shot of my life....a high draw that came down and finished within a couple of feet of the pin. Terrible shots....staring double bogey in the face.....and I get a par....HappyUP!!!

HappyUP!!! - birdie on 16
Why it happened - an exceptional putt
Why it makes me happy - this was about a 25 footer, downhill with a little break, that looked pretty good all the way. It hung on the lip and dropped on it's dying breath. Birdies are always a HappyUP!!! Birdies on the last few holes are REALLY HappyUP!!!s

HappyUP!!! - good day in the stock market
Why it happened - after yesterday's retreat? Who knows
Why it makes me happy - I'm not as invested as I should be....I'm like a lot of people that are waiting for a substantial market correction. It did me a little good in my short term funds.....my 401k LOVED today!

JollyJottings

Getting some "lent" funds back
RT's new shirt
Hybrid bunker shot on 8
Dr...3 wood...flop shot on 3
7 iron on 4
Hybrid bunker shot on 10
5 iron on 12
Driver on 13.....8 iron on 14....8 iron on 15
6 iron on 16.....PUTT on 16
Dr on 17....8 iron on 17
Finding a book I was looking for
Great day in the stock market
Stunning May weather
Depositing the refund checks
Invite from brother
New putting stroke
Good back 9

No comments: