Monday, May 04, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 828

HappyUP!!! - an anniversary
Why it happened - a year has gone by
Why it makes me happy - the official anniversary was Saturday...but it wasn't a work day...so it has to be today. I have been retired for a year. While I appreciate the time spent, experience gained, and relationships made at my former employer, I really appreciate my freedom.

HappyUP!!! - another anniversary
Why it happened - I got up one day and made a decision
Why it makes me happy - six years ago today, I said, "you know what...I am going to stop drinking for 30 days." That 30 days has turned into 6 years. While drinking was not a big problem for me, I saw that it could head in that direction.....and it's been a good life since.

HappyUP!!! - another day of sickness gone
Why it happened - it's day 2
Why it makes me happy - I laid low today....coughing...with a fever. I don't "do sick" very well because I don't do it that often. I hadn't been sick in 2-3 years. Yet, by taking it easy, I know I am speeding the healing process and every day sick is one day closer to being well.

HappyUP!!! - hot and sour soup
Why it happened - I'm sick
Why it makes me happy - no, it's not chicken soup, but I find that the Chinese soups work on the sinuses and make me feel better............and they are tasty!

JollyJottings

Anniversaries
Another day of sickness down...and I was able to lay down
Stock Market
Hot and Sour Soup
Obammy talking tough about tax cheats with Tim Geithner standing next to him

No comments: