Tuesday, May 05, 2009

HappyUP!!! Day 829....Dom Deluise



While few of us know - the real insides of our celebrities, I think that we all suspect that Dom Deluise was a pretty happy dude.

Many comedians aren't - it is often the dabbling into the dark side of our society that makes for funny stuff.

Yet, Deluise's comedy was light - and full of frivolity.

We also know - the guy enjoyed his food. I have no idea whether it contributed to the kidney and respiratory problems that took him at age 75. I do know that he added meaning to his love for food...he wasn't just an overeater.

While I was a bit saddened - to hear of his passing, I also got a few HappyUP!!!s as I remembered the times he came into my childhood home with those cheesy accents and oddball antics.....and that I looked forward to seeing him on TV when I was a kid.

HappyUP!!! - fever is dropping as I go to bed
Why it happened - who knows
Why it makes me happy - I may be able to sleep without nite time cold medicine. Fever was running over 100 all night but is starting to drop.

HappyUP!!! - helping a former co worker
Why it happened - he called me
Why it makes me happy - he was in a bit of a bind....I was home....sick. I gave him some creative services. It's good to use skills.

HappyUP!!! - seeing my nephew
Why it happened - he dropped something off
Why it makes me happy - I love seeing my nephew....even if I had to keep him at a distance due to my sickness.

No comments: