Thursday, October 30, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 641....Vrooooom!




HappyUP!!! - the Brum by Dirt Devil
Why it happened - I saw an ad and said, "that's exactly what I have been looking for."
Why it makes me happy - OK, see that little item on the left. It does the same thing as the item on the right plus something else.....it sucks up the dirt as you go. It's cordless too. It's a broom and a dustbuster built into one. When you have miles of Marmoleum, this is a God's send. Sweeping is a dream! No more of that "line" that the dust pan always leaves either. I got mine at BestBuy...it will set you back $80 but, if you have a sea of laminate, it's a



HappyUP!!! - lunch invite
Why it happened - my friend e-mailed me
Why it makes me happy - I haven't seen this friend in forever. It was so great to get the e-mail and to put a very enjoyable lunch on the calender for next week!

HappyUP!!! - golf
Why it happened - my buddy sprung it on me
Why it makes me happy - we weren't going to play but my buddy changed his mind. It was great to watch him shoot his best round at our course. The bar has been raised (well....lowered...in golf, less is more). I am going to have to shoot a 70 to match his effort today. At the same time, I played OK and got in a solid score. We played in a little rain at the end which was kind of fun. I hit a phenomenal shot from just off the green with my hybrid and chipped in. I knocked a wedge within 3 feet of the pin on another hole. I got up and down from a hazard. There was room for improvement but some very high quality golf shots out there.

JollyJottings

Rain
R shooting 70
Me shooting a good score
Chipping in
Getting a round of golf in
Getting my insurance handled
Timing on the paint job
Timing on the garden
A delicious pastrami sandwich

No comments: