Thursday, October 16, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 627...Dedicated to the Ladies of CNBC

















HappyUP!!! - a stock market rally (and why you see a picture of Erin Burnett and Melissa Lee...a couple of HappyUP!!!'s any day).
Why it happened - because it was way down yesterday?
Why it makes me happy - after a butt whipping yesterday (that is a Wall Street term), it was good to get a little bit back today....especially when we were 400 down on the Dow until it reversed 800 points to finish 400 to the good. For today, it puts a little extra money in everyones pocket.....something that the country needs.
NOTE: I did say "for today"

HappyUP!!! - scratch league invitation
Why it happened - I was hanging around...and our pro shop was desperate
Why it makes me happy - competitive golf.....with no handicaps.....straight up....mano y mano....against guys I don't know.....team counting on you.....lots of gut churning. I got the nod today for Saturday's match against three other clubs. Each club is taking their best 5 guys (or, better put, the best 5 guys they could get) and their pro and having it out. I'm really not quite ready for this type of event but, hey, when is someone ever ready. This is similar to the type of competitions I played in a quarter century ago.

HappyUP!!! - my ex-admin
Why it happened - today was Bosses Day
Why it makes me happy - she e-mailed me and wants to take me to lunch. How sweet is she? How good did I feel? HappyUP!!! to the max.....and lunch on Monday!

HappyUP!!! - meeting with an old friend next week
Why it happened - we finally got it together
Why it makes me happy - this is an old industry friend. We are going to get together for a drink and trade some war stories Tuesday. You can't beat that....something to look forward to.

JollyJottings

Talked with RH
Early golf
Stock Market
Playing with Wah
Scratch League
The Girls of CNBC
My ex-admin
Meeting next week









No comments: