Saturday, October 11, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 622




HappyUP!!! - coffee with my friend
Why it happened - festivities caused a venue change
Why it makes me happy - I don't get much one on one with this guy. He is my best friend's brother...someone that lives closeby and will be a friend for life. He is getting into golf and was looking for some help

HappyUP!!! - festivites/fun run
Why it happened - it was a breast cancer deal
Why it makes me happy - the runners went right by my house so I got to check them out going by. I also walked down to the start line. There is something about people coming out for community events that is just fun. The cause makes it solid as well.

HappyUP!!! - a hole in 3
Why it happened - my playing partner shanked his first shot OB
Why it makes me happy - though it didn't count as an ace, I got to see a ball hit from the tee go into the hole! I'm also glad that wasn't me. I have never had a hole in one and knocking in a second attempt would be worse than never having one.

HappyUP!!! - a near ace
Why it happened - I hit one right at the hole
Why it makes me happy - it's exciting when you hit a shot, thinks it has a chance, see it hit the green, roll near the hole, and think it is going in. It's even better when someone in your group has already hit one so close that it doesn't look like he can be outdone. In my case today, it was an optical illusion. It was right at the hole, looked like it had a chance, but it was 5 ft short. Still, hitting a shot that pure is a HappyUP!!! I hit A TON of pure shots today...it's why I play golf....and a HappyUP!!! everytime I strike one like that.

JollyJottings

Festivities
Coffee with my friend
A Lot of great golf shots
Trimming the bushes
Chatting with neighbors
Golf with two guys I will play with again
Manageable wind
Hole in Three
A possible hole in one

No comments: