Monday, October 13, 2008

HappyUP!!! Day 624


What a gorgeous day - to be out and just sucking it in. Eventually, we probably broke 80 degrees but for the morning and early afternoon, I am sure we were in that perfect mid-70's. No wind...no clouds.

This combination - will dominate my HappyUP!!!'s today.

HappyUP!!! - watching the geese
Why it makes me happy - they were all over the place today
Why it makes me happy - this set flew over my head ...way over. They went off in the distance, banked, and circled back. Much like an airplane approaching an airport, they were circling so they could bring it in on
the "runway." All 50 passengers landed right next to me next to the 9th green at Morgan Creek. Now, these geese are NOT a HappyUP!!! to the greenskeeper. They are quite distructive in digging up the grass...as well as a bit indiscriminate about where they "drop their payloads" (like right on the greens). But, the spectacle was just that spectacular.

HappyUP!!! - no wind
Why it happened - we had four days of wind...time for a break?
Why it makes me happy - as you all know, my goal is to improve my golf game. It's good to challenge yourself in the wind now and then. Right now, however, it was a distraction. October will be the last month of warm weather. I want to see how low I can go while we still have a solid golf season. Though I continually improve, I can do a lot better in the next 30 days. One specific goal will most likely be reached by the end of the month......6 months ahead of time.

HappyUP!!! - the stock market
Why it happened - who knows....I don't trust it
Why it makes me happy - though I have gone to a substantial cash position for my short term holdings, I still had enough in to get some benefit of a day that saw the Dow up over 900 points. I even SOLD one stock in the middle of the rally after it had gone up $4 a share. It ended up finishing the day lower. I was ready to sell this stock this morning...even if it had gone down some more. It just feels good to see things go in the correct direction after a couple of weeks of slaughter.

HappyUP!!! - golfing with my golf partners
Why it happened - the course was open on a Monday
Why it makes me happy - I could play with these guys every day. We were on the 10th green. The weather was brilliant. The greens were rolling as well as I had ever seen them roll. NOBODY was on the golf course because most people didn't get the memo that the course was open today due to Columbus Day. My golf could have been substantially better...even though I shot two solid scores today....but the day was perfect.

JollyJottings

Learning about shafts
My painter showing up on schedule

No comments: